Sunday 22 April 2012

Introduction

I have been meaning to contribute to our family blog (fourcrazycrosses.blogspot.com) for ages now, but have really struggled to think of anything to write that Diana has not already done a fantastic job of recording.  I still wanted to record our wonderful family memories, but from a completly different angle from what had already been done.

This morning, I was driving home and had a fantastic idea - I would create a family blog centred around food! 

Why?

As my family and friends know, I am obsessed with food - cooking it, eating it and talking about it!  I read cookery books for pleasure, love planning and cooking our family meals and am always first in line when food is being dished up.

As a result of this, lots of our family memories are inextricably linked with food.  If you name a day out that we have had as a family, I will probably have a memory of food linked to it.  So my blog would use our food memories to chart the lovely times we have together without replicating anything already recorded.

On top of this, I thought that a food based blog would give me the opportunity to share some of the recipes for the lovely things we cook as a family and in the process put down all of the tips that I have accumulated from my 21 years(!) of life so far. 

Thirdly, I wanted to pass on my cooking ideas and experiences to my children; almost like a mother's cookbook passed down through the generations, but this time coming from dad.  I am a firm believer in educating children about food and cooking and so this would be a good chance to have something firm to give to them one day.  Poppy (my daughter) is my very willing sous chef and so I hope she will be able to use my thoughts here to guide her culinary experimentations when she is all grown up.  George (my son) is too young to safely handle a knife at the moment, but I also hope that he will grow up to love food and cooking too.

So the main aims for my posts are:

1. To record our family memories through the medium of food
2. Share my favourite recipes/tips/ideas with the world at large
and (probably most importantly)
3. Pass on my love of food to my children

I also love photography and detest cookery books without pictures, so where possible, I will try and support all posts with some snaps!

Here goes nothing.............







1 comment:

  1. Wonderful idea Adam! It is great when you come here and cook! It is lovely to think of Poppy and George growing up with happy associations with the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete